Saturday, June 1, 2013

It's finally time, it's finally time, it's finally here! #erotica #bdsm #CastlesBurning

Hey there lovelies!

I am so happy to bring you the third and final chapter of Castles Burning!

I have been a writer for as long as I can remember. It’s in my DNA. My grandfather taught me to write as an outlet for emotions when I was very young and after that I couldn’t stop. I remember scribbling little stories on my notebooks in elementary school and when I sat down in my first creative writing class in middle school that was it. I’d found something that made me happy. I wrote my first novella (yes I even plugged in some steamy scenes back then!) when I was eighteen. It was over one hundred Microsoft Word pages long, and I’d spent more than a year on it. When I went to boot camp, I left it on the computer at my parent’s home. Weeks into my basic training, I received a letter from my parents that the computer had crashed and everything on it was gone. I cried far longer than I should have, looking back I must have seemed like a real drama queen to my fellow recruits. But it had been my baby and there was no way to ever get it back.

Being in the military, I had no time for reading, let alone writing, and so my passion was set aside while I served my country. My mind came alive with characters and ideas in the months spent on that haunting ship at sea. The places I visited and the people I met inspired and intrigued me. After my enlistment was over, I knew I wanted to start writing again, when I had the time. It was a rough start and I found myself struggling to get down all of my thoughts, the way I wanted them. But I refused to give up.

When I sat down and began to write Castles Burning, I had no idea that I would ever publish it. It was just a story that came to me one afternoon as I was remembering my time in the military. I’d heard before to always write for you. So I did. I wanted some steamy scenes in there to share with my husband, and to have for myself of course! After a car accident which resulted in my car being totaled, I finally got the knock upside my head that I needed. I had my lap top in the car with me, on the side that was crunched. It was then that I got to thinking. What if, after all of that time and energy I’d spent writing this story, it just vanished, like the one I’d written so long ago? I would have been devastated. So, I began my search for ways to get it out there and even if no one read it, I knew that I had done what I’d always wanted to do…publish one of my stories. That to me, was the greatest feeling of all. Never did I imagine that so many people would read these words I’d written, and for that I’d like to say thank you. Thank you for giving me, and Castles Burning a chance.  

While this is in no way a true story, it is as dear to my heart as any story from real life, and I am glad that I had the opportunity to share it with you. Castles Burning was my inspiration to go after my passion again. I don’t think that I could ever be more grateful to Amber, Aden, the entire group for what they’ve allowed me to experience over these past months. It’s been such a privilege! Your words of wisdom, encouragement, praise and constructive criticism have all been received with welcoming and grateful arms. I hope that you will enjoy the conclusion to the story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you so much.

If you haven't grabbed Part Three yet, get it here.

XXX
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment